[NAGDU] Alec and emergency surgery

Andy B. sonfire11 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:36:01 UTC 2017

On Saturday night, Alec went to the emergency clinic. They checked him out.
The doctor stated that he ended up with a upset belly and gave him a few
shots to take care of it. On Tuesday night, we walked one of our favorite
routes. On the way back, he started getting sluggish and uninterested in
work. After losing his dinner on a street corner, he stepped up and seemed
more interested in working again. A few blocks later, he started coughing
and gagging. I took him back to the emergency clinic Tuesday night. After a
few x-rays, the doctor told me he had a splinter of some sort stuck in one
of his tonsils. The doctor wanted to get him into emergency surgery to
remove the splinter and clean up his throat. At this point, he is on four
different pills: two antibiotics, a pain/anti inflammatory, and Pepcid AC.

Today he is doing good except his gagging, coughing, and excessive burping
has returned. He also lost his breakfast five hours after eating it. It
appears we will end up in a 3:00PM appointment to reassess his current
problem. The doctor refuses to let him work until the problem is resolved. I
feel bad for him because he wants to get back to work and have a normal
life. Just now he fell asleep because gagging and coughing tired him out.
Hopefully we can put this behind us and get back to work and life.