[NAGDU] New puppy and kids

Tara Briggs thflute at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 23:39:39 UTC 2018

 Hi all! A week ago, I retired my black lab Emmy. She is in love with the family she is now living with and they are absolutely in love with her! I was hoping to retire her at the end of June. But it has ended up just being the right  time now and even though I missing her, I’m very glad I did it. She is 10 and was ready to be done working.

 In September, I will be going to the Seeing Eye to get my new dog. I’m waiting a little bit of time because when I leave my oldest will be four and my youngest will be two and I think they will  have an easier time during the week and  a half that I am away. I asked my oldest daughter if she missed  Emmy. She said no. And when I asked her why she said she wants the new puppy. She has her heart set on a yellow lab. I am just interested in hearing any of your stories about bringing home a new dog with small children in the house. How did things go? How did the kids and the dog adjust to each other? Thank you so much for any stories you are able to tell.
TaraSent from my iPhone