[NAGDU] Guide dogs aroundthe world, current developments

Bianka bianka at andi-bika.de
Sun Apr 22 07:11:25 UTC 2018

Hello all,

We have just come back from our walk with the dogs, no guiding harness, just a sports harness and a bit of free running. I am happy to report we are all safe and sound.

Yes, it‘s a cultural issue for sure. Here, the schools think that free running your dog improves the quality of life. Whether it‘s true or not, I cannot say.

Other dogs, from my experience, dogs are usually much better interacting off leash than  on leash. If it‘s too much for my dog or she doesn‘t like the other dog and he/she doesn‘t get it she comes  to me and we just go away. I have never had my dog bitten by another dog in over 15 years.

Eating something can be an issue, although it can be an issue on leash as well. I usualy choose arreas where  there is not to much trash lying around. I had a black lab who liked to eat disgusting things. For her, it meant that her free runs were very short and as soon as she did not interact either with me or another dog I put her on a flexi leash.

Thanks and kind regards,

Bianka