[NAGDU] Dog and Vacation

alysha.jeans at gmail.com alysha.jeans at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 01:59:33 UTC 2018

Hi all,

My husband and I are getting ready to go on vacation in May, and I've
started debating with myself about whether or not I should leave my dog at
home. I find him extremely helpful on some trips like work travel or
vacations to big cities, but for other trips, the logistics can be
difficult. We're planning to go to the Smoky Mountains for this vacation.
I'd like to do things like white water rafting, blacksmithing lessons,
visiting a large aviary where parrots fly free, riding an alpine coaster,
visiting a haunted mansion, etc. Lots of these activities aren't ideal for
my dog to participate in, so I'd either be stuck leaving him crated at the
hotel (not technically legal), finding a local dog daycare, or trying to
find a safe place for him to stay out of the way during the activity. I
would definitely love to have him with me for shopping, hiking, exploring
museums, and such though. I really hate leaving him for an entire week, but
I also don't want to be stressed worrying about what to do with him during
the non-dog-friendly activities. How have you all handled the logistics of
vacations like this with your dogs? Have you found it easier to bring the
dog or leave them at home?

Thanks,

Alysha