[NAGDU] light weight harness

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 20:54:53 UTC 2018

I just weighed a harness I make and a leather harness I bought years ago
from LDS leather.  Both harnesses are of a size to fit a 60 pound Lab with
the same relative length handle.  For clarity, the leather harness is made
in the typical American style, like what most of the programs use.  The
handle length on the two harnesses are slightly different, but are the same
relative to where the grip lies on the dog's back.  This is because the
handle attachments on the two harnesses are not in the same exact place.

Here are the numbers:
OTG handle 13.4 ounces
leather handle 11.8 ounces
leather harness body 1 pound 4 ounces
OTG harness body 9.7 ounces
On the Go harness and handle 1 pound 7 ounces
leather harness and handle 2 pounds
So while the On The Go handle is slightly heavier, the overall harness and
handle is a bit over a half a pound lighter.

Of course this is based on the leather harness I have here and every program
uses a slightly different set up, so your mileage may vary.

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>