[NAGDU] Our Access, ESAs and fake service animals

Jenine Stanley jeninems at icloud.com
Mon Dec 24 01:30:59 UTC 2018

Actually, under the transportation provisions, and I will get a citation if wanted, as I’m sure I have one somewhere, of the ADA, FTA covered properties, such as public transit systems, *may* allow a variety of species to be used as service animals for the purposes of transport. This reg/set of regs is similar to the ACAA and is above and beyond the Title III Public Accommodations provisions and is something that transit properties *may* do but many choose to not honor and that’s fine though I suppose technically someone could say that the *may* portion is least restrictive and hence must be followed. Sorry for the lack of citation on this holiday weekend. It’s a frustrating loophole though.