[NAGDU] Questions

nellie at culodge.com nellie at culodge.com
Fri Dec 28 01:05:57 UTC 2018

Hi Melissa,

I live in northern Wisconsin on a lake and in a very country like setting.
There are quite frequently bear, skunks, coyotes etc.  On one guide dog call
I was on someone said instead of using pepper spray, they suggested to use
bug spray--like Raid or Black Flag.  They suggested that because that sort
of can can spray way further than a pepper spray can, therefore you don't
have to wait until the animal gets close enough to you for the pepper spray
to be affective.  I realize the Raid can will be bigger than the pepper
spray, but being able to spray it a further distance kind of makes sense.
If you are in a situation with a bear or a wild animal, you certainly don't
want them to get close enough to you and your dog for you to have to use a
club or stick, that may provoke a wild animal even further.

Hope that helps, Janell and the black beauties