[NAGDU] Airline regulations for service dogs

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Feb 7 17:31:17 UTC 2018

Mardi,

What airline are you taking?  That makes a difference.  They are not all the
same.

Currently Delta is the most restrictive.    For service/guide dogs they are
requiring a health certificate from your vet and proof of vaccinations,
rabies and distemper.  There is no requirement to submit training records
for service dogs.  At least this is how I understand it.

I don't know what to tell you about the distemper.  I'm in the same boat.  I
was looking at flights the other day.  sadly most of the good days/times
were with Delta.  I'm flying United though, even if it means I have to get
up at 2 a.m., pay more and have longer layovers.

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>