[NAGDU] Airline regulations for service dogs

Jenine Stanley jeninems at icloud.com
Wed Feb 7 17:38:04 UTC 2018

Marty,

Proof of training is currently, and hopefully will continue to be via attestation only. So far Delta has attestation language for psychiatric service animals and ESAs only and United has this language for ESAs only.

I’d just take whichever airline gives you the best rates and follow their procedures as a service animal handler, regardless of training. If an attestation is required by that time by the airline you choose, it just means that you personally attest to the fact that your animal has been trained and will be under your control.

Hope that helps. this increased angst over travel is a very unfortunate side effect of the new systems.