[NAGDU] Harness aversion

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Feb 7 20:08:14 UTC 2018

I sometimes inadvertently bang my dog with the harness when I'm putting it
on.  To avoid this, I fold the longest strap up over the back of the
harness, so it doesn't swing and hit him, and I put my hand that's not
holding the harness under his chin, so I know exactly where his face is
while I'm putting the harness on him.  Sometimes I even make him sit before
putting the harness on, so he's not moving around.  If he sits, he usually
has to stand up so I can buckle the harness around him, but he has to stay
sitting until the harness is safely on his back.
HTH.
Tracy