[NAGDU] Day Care for Guide Dogs at Beep Baseball World Series?

Gary rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 14 20:13:25 UTC 2018

hello Heather:

I was actually at the beep baseball world series a few years ago when it was in Rochester NY.  their guide dog day Care was great.  they had severalshelters set up in a field with  lots of water and volunteers.  I really like that we could stop on the way in the morning and drop off Bogart, my PST standard poodle.   then we would grab him on the way out.  The first day he wasn't keen on going but after that he was almost leaping out of the van when we stopped by the daycare area.  The only funny thing that happened is when I came back to. pic him up I noticed he was under his own ten with his own minder.  it looked like he was some sort of roaylit, all these labs under one tent and the poodle under the other.  of course the real truth was that he probably was annoying the other dogs or being annoying in some way but the minders said he was great.  he had the undivided attention of several volunteers which met his standards. :).

I'm the president of Canadian Blind hockey and we too provide guide dog sitting services at all our events.  keeping the dogs away from the benches, dressing rooms etc is nice. The players can concentrate on their games and the dogs are safe.

go and have fun and don't worry about you puppy.

gary