[NAGDU] bulkhead seating

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Jan 26 11:09:18 UTC 2018

I've not had any problem getting my dogs under the seat in front of me.
Monty is 26" tall and currently about 73 pounds.  Belle was 24" tall and 60
pounds.

Anyway my point was not to debate whether or not to sit in the bulkhead
seats.  My strong belief is that is up to each individual, based on the
particular aircraft, their needs and freedom of choice.

I am saying that the airline personnel are not well trained, press disabled
people into doing things they do not necessarily wish to do and have beliefs
about what is best for us that may or may not be true.  I have not
experienced a lot in the way of respect for my ability to choose what is
best for me.  Every step of the process has to be an educational experience
for the staff.

Just once I would like to arrive at the airport, choose where to check in
based on the length of the various lines, go through security without being
treated like a criminal or a toddler, board the plane without a fuss, sit in
my assigned seat and go on my merry way.  I just want to be a part of the
crowd.  I want to be afforded the opportunity and respect to make my own
decisions.

I don't have any issue with being offered preboarding.  I do not currently
use it, but circumstances may change and I will find it a welcome
accommodation.  I don't have any objection to being offered bulkhead seating
or sitting there if it's my assigned seat, but please respect my choice to
not sit there.  I find it nice when the flight attendant offers water or ice
for my dog, but please don't be offended when I decline.

This is what I want for myself and others: the ability to choose our
accommodations and to have that choice honored and respected.

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>