[NAGDU] Just out of curiosity

Julie Johnson julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Jul 23 11:23:06 UTC 2018

I think there are a lot of variables to a dog park.  Is it decently clean
and maintained? Is it big enough for the number of dogs? Are the rules
monitored and enforced? Are the people responsible?

I do take Monty to the dog park from time to time.  I live in a very small
town though and quite frequently we are the only ones there.  If there are
other dogs it's never been more than 2 or 3.  It's pretty rare that Monty
chooses to play with other dogs.  They sniff, greet each other, run around
for about 2 minutes, then Monty is off doing his favorite thing, peeing on
all the trees.

I have never set up play dates for either of my dogs.  I've made the offer,
but it hasn't come together.  Monty isn't all that much into playing with
other dogs anyway.  Jetta would need a very specific type of dog and a lot
of patience.  She has issues.

If you want to meet up with others to get the dogs some exercise, I'd
suggest inviting guide dog handlers to go on a walk, perhaps somewhere in
nature.  Maybe after the handlers get to know you and the dogs have
experience being around each other, you can move up to a free run play in a
non dog park fenced in area.  I think that's your best bet.

Julie
On The Go with Guide-and-Service-Dogs.com
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com
also find my products in the Blind Mice Mega Mall
<https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Directory_Departments?storeid=1916046>