[NAGDU] Lyft policy on service animal denial

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Tue Jun 5 15:23:46 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry it's been so long since I have posted on here. But I have a few questions.
I requested a Lyft vehicle yesterday morning to get to work, and the driver denied me access because of my guide dog, Mambo. Unfortunately, this wasn't the first time this has happened. But, this guy was probably one of the rudest people so far. He started out by shouting, "You aren't bringing that dog with you, are you!"
As soon as he left, I called the Lyft Service Animal Hotline: 1-844-250-3174 to report him. A little while later a representative from Lyft Trust and Safety called me back and we discussed what had happened. She also told me that they would be contacting the driver. She said that Lyft has a two-strike policy. On the first strike the driver is educated and reminded of their obligation to transport passengers with disabiliities who use service animals. And on the second strike they are permanently deactivated from the Lyft platform. I thought that the drivers were immediately deactived on their first offense, because they are well-educated before they even start driving for Lyft. Has it always been like this, or is this a new policy???
Oh, and to top it off, Lyft only issued a $5 credit to my account for "my troubles". I don't want to sound ungrateful, but $5 seems pretty pathetic to me. With all the stress and inconvenience this incident caused me, I think that's pretty lousy. I mentioned this on the NFB Rideshare Test Survey as well.
So, if Lyft has a two-strike policy, I also wonder if Uber has switched to something similar?

Deanna

--
This email was Malware checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com

Sent from the Clovernook email system