[NAGDU] College Dorms

Wayne And Harley D k9dad at k9di.org
Thu Mar 15 01:54:46 UTC 2018

     Hello Ms. Grocer,I may be wrong, but the school's housing, would fall under the FHA. If so, you may need to submit a written reasonable accomodation request to have your Service Dog with you as you would with any landlord. The legal beagles on the list can correct me if I'm incorrect on that.One clarification that I would like to offer.If you are in the U.S. and your Service Dog was trained in the U.S. then it is not certified. 1.  The law does not require it.2.  The law does not recognize it.
Your Mileage May Vary

Wayne And Harley D
k9dad at k9di.org
-------- Original message --------From: Rachel Grider via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> Date: 3/14/18  20:26  (GMT-06:00) To: NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> Cc: Rachel Grider <rachel.grider at gmail.com> Subject: [NAGDU] College Dorms
Hello, All:

This summer, I will be attending a young artist professional
fellowship which will take place at a music school.  It lasts for
about three weeks, and I will be staying in the dorms there.  The
person in charge of the program commented to me in an email that
my guide dog may not be welcome in the housing facility, but she
was not sure and would check; I wrote back and explained that my
dog is a certified service dog and not an ESA.  I have not heard
back as of yet.

Is anyone familiar with housing laws in private campuses as they
relate to service dogs? I want to make sure I know my rights in
case there is a problem.

Thank you, and all best!

Rachel