[NAGDU] an itchy few days

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sun May 13 21:32:30 UTC 2018

Hello to all friends, human and canine.

Dan here with the Parker Dog.

Well here in Florida it's getting to be hot, very very unseasonably low
humidity one day, now high humidity today.

I've never had a problem with Parker itching or scratching rather. but
the last three days or so he is scratching a lot. His sides, chest and
pretty often.

He's getting flea preventative and seems to be all right as far as we
can determine... at last on that score, Maybe, I've been thinking, it
could be that the humidity was unseasonably low...or allergies to
something, or who knows.  If this persists a vet visit is in order,
Meanwhile, I'm putting on a coat conditioning ointment I bought that has
caratine, not sure of spelling, sorry.

It could be dry skin, I'm thinking...but anyway, any thoughts of
anything I should be doing or things you've found work to make my
four-legged guy more comfortable are deeply appreciated.

I don't bathe him excessively as a matter of fact as little as possible
because that would indeed dry out his skin and coat and I brush him
pretty regularly, .  I'm easing off on the brushing for a few days and
jus combing in the caratine ointment and lightly brushing, since I don't
want to irritate his skin.

He's a yellow lab, seven years and a half old.

Dan the man