[NAGDU] Guide dog schools employing blind people

Milissa Garside mgarside2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 02:46:45 UTC 2018

As far as I understand, the guide dog foundation also currently has two blind employees on staff. However, I am unsure what their official  titles are and do not want to put out misinformation. GDF folks, feel free to chime in.

Last I knew, the psychologist on staff at guide dogs for the blind is also blind and is a guide dog user. In addition, I know that there used to be another blind woman who worked at guide dogs for the blind several years ago. If I am not mistaken, I believe she did some work that was involved with training the dogs. I remember a while back, there was a big movement to try to get the guide dog schools to have blind people actually involved with training the dogs. This woman that I am thinking of worked at guide dogs for the blind at that time.

Milissa

Sent from my iPhone