[NAGDU] Video in training

Kerri Sprecher spedangel84 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:51:28 UTC 2018

Hi there,
I apologize for not addressing you by name, I'm not sure which words
are your name smile. Thank you for your message. I love taking
snapshots of moments in my life and just treasuring them. On a related
note, I used to own a cassette recorder/player, and my parents would
buy me blank tapes and I would record anything and everything, so,
this is a great way for me to go back and laugh and remember those
moments in my childhood, and as an adult, now that I am tech savvy and
love to document important moments, I feel excitement at the thought
of being able to look back at any time, or upon this dog's retirement,
and recall that special first meeting, both in spirit and in real-time
documentation of the special memory.
Plus, as I said earlier, I think that I could really help someone as I
am going through the training process for a fourth time; I won't
document every single moment, of course, and I will certainly ask
permission, but I really feel that others need to know how this
process works, and just how special the relationship is between a
guide and a handler, and why it's important not to interfere with a
service dog and handler team. My thinking is, if I can advocate for us
all as a whole as guide dog users and about blindness in general, I
want to do my part, and share moments in my life with others, and I
think this is an awesome way to do it.
Kerri

Kerri Sprecher,  President
Big Country Chapter NFBTX