[NAGDU] Video in training

Leye-Shprintse Oeberg leyeshprintse at gmx.com
Thu Oct 18 10:38:02 UTC 2018

בּס’ד

Kerri,

My first names are Leye-Shprintse which are Jewish names with Yiddish roots, so they aren’t easy to recognize if you don’t are a part of our people. I’m a bit jealous of people who’ve the habit of documenting their lifes and I happily watch other people’s vlogs and read their blogs. So, if you’ll do something publically, I’d be one of the lurkers. Good luck!

לשׁלום,
Leye-Shprintse Oeberg
Jönköping, Suède
leyeshprintse at gmx.com

Envoyé de mon iPhone SE

> 17 okt. 2018 kl. 21:51 skrev Kerri Sprecher via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org>:
>
> Hi there,
> I apologize for not addressing you by name, I'm not sure which words
> are your name smile. Thank you for your message. I love taking
> snapshots of moments in my life and just treasuring them. On a related
> note, I used to own a cassette recorder/player, and my parents would
> buy me blank tapes and I would record anything and everything, so,
> this is a great way for me to go back and laugh and remember those
> moments in my childhood, and as an adult, now that I am tech savvy and
> love to document important moments, I feel excitement at the thought
> of being able to look back at any time, or upon this dog's retirement,
> and recall that special first meeting, both in spirit and in real-time
> documentation of the special memory.
> Plus, as I said earlier, I think that I could really help someone as I
> am going through the training process for a fourth time; I won't
> document every single moment, of course, and I will certainly ask
> permission, but I really feel that others need to know how this
> process works, and just how special the relationship is between a
> guide and a handler, and why it's important not to interfere with a
> service dog and handler team. My thinking is, if I can advocate for us
> all as a whole as guide dog users and about blindness in general, I
> want to do my part, and share moments in my life with others, and I
> think this is an awesome way to do it.
> Kerri
>
>> On 10/17/18, Leye-Shprintse Oeberg via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> בּס’ד
>>
>> I don’t understand why we judge other people’s actions. If you don’t want to
>> document your life, that’s your choice, and if you want to document your
>> life, it doesn’t mean that you’ll not take the time to bound with your new
>> guide dog or that you’re not in the moments which matter to you. Each to
>> their own. And, if you wonder, I’m not the documenting type, but I don’t
>> brag about the fact and I absolutely don’t think that I’m better than other
>> people. However, I think that it’s very wise to ask if it’s okay to take
>> photos and make videos when other people are around, but in your room or in
>> the street, I would do it without asking if I was that type of person. Good
>> luck in class!
>>
>> לשׁלום,
>> Leye-Shprintse Oeberg
>> Jönköping, Suède
>> leyeshprintse at gmx.com
>>
>> Envoyé de mon iPhone SE
>>
>>> 17 okt. 2018 kl. 19:15 skrev Star Gazer via NAGDU <nagdu at nfbnet.org>:
>>>
>>> I'm with you Tracey, Carrie and Cindy. Other people like to document. I
>>> don't "get" it, and all I care is that they document entities that want to
>>> be documented.

>>> rushed.  I did home and away and I needed it but to me it was a bit
>>> rushed.
>>> We didn't get everything in that was needed at the school.  Best of luck
>>> in
>>> class.  This is a wonderful time to train with a guide dog.  Just cool and

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/pickrellrebecca%40gmail.c