[NAGDU] Off leash dogs! What can I do?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Oct 21 14:47:32 UTC 2018

Julie, I wonder if that is like something a trainer tried with me once.  She
had a small gadget that made a loud noise.  It was supposed to deter Krokus
from scavenging, by making the noise when he went for something he
shouldn't.  We set him up with some chips on the ground, and she pointed the
gadget right at him when he went to grab a chip.  It made the noise, but
Krokus didn't care at all.  She said it worked with some dogs, but clearly
not everyone.  I wouldn't want to bet my dog's safety on such a thing.
Tracy