[NAGDU] Dogster

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Sep 20 14:03:39 UTC 2018

I was looking around Newsline, and I came across a magazine called Dogster.
The current issue has articles about homemade and/or natural remedies for
common dog issues like dry skin or ear cleaning, which I've seen discussed
here.  There was also an article about environmentally-friendly dog
products.

And there just happened to be an article about the Airdale terrier, a breed
I've long felt would be an interesting candidate for owner-training.  The
article says they're good workers, especially in tasks requiring independent
decision-making.  It also said handler requests are subjected to executive
review before being accepted or rejected, which I've heard people here say
about poodles and shepherds.

It would be a challenge, convincing a dog like that that what I want is also
what he wants, but it would be interesting, and could result in a great city
guide.

Tracy