[NAGDU] Conference Call This Sunday, April 14 at 8:00 P.M.

heather.l.bird at gmail.com heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:08:56 UTC 2019

Please join us this Sunday, April 14at 8:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, for
our next in our series of guide dog training program calls. This month we
have a super interesting call on a topic which there are countless questions
and endless discussions of across the guide dog handling community. We have
very much enjoyed our informative calls in January, February and March, with
TSE, GEB, and GDF/AVD respectively, but we will have a slight departure from
the theme by featuring two guest speakers to discuss another option for
obtaining a guide dog in the United States, owner training. Julie Johnson
will be joined by another guest speaker, both of these individuals have
successfully trained their own guide dogs and will explain the pros and
cons, rights and responsibilities, and some of the logistical considerations
and aspects of owner training a guide or service dog. These calls, as
always, are open to members of the NFB, or ACB, NAGDU or GDUI, and those who
choose to belong to neither organization. We welcome current, past, and
prospective guide dog handlers, guide dog trainers, orientation and mobility
instructors, and anyone else interested in the breeding, raising, training
or handling of guide dogs.

The call-in number is (605) 475-4786 and the pass code is 869480. These
calls will be recorded and we will have recordings available for
listening/download shortly as we are updating our NYAGDU page at present.