[NAGDU] O and m immersion programs

Sarah Calhoun sc-tico at att.net
Fri Aug 23 01:26:16 UTC 2019

In my case when I attend Leader Dogs O & M class, there will be a one on one
instructor to client situation.

The class is 7 days, Sunday to Saturday. O & M clients arrive on Sunday,
work Monday thru Friday each morning and afternoon, then leave on Saturday.

Those who are attending Leader Dogs for a guide dog, the class is 3 weeks
long for first timers and clients receiving a successor guide dog.

Leader offers two other classes in addition to residing at the school for 3
weeks. One where the client can request home training. The second option is
half of the training takes place at the school, the other half is home
training. The latter is for people who previously worked with a guide dog.

Leader tries to accommodate the various life styles with consideration to
family dynamics, work, etc., by being flexible as possible, but still
focusing on matching a dog to a client, traveling safely and much more.

I find it very encouraging and interesting how the schools design their
trading practices as the needs of blind or visually impaired people life
structures and needs change.

Best,
Sarah