[NAGDU] applying for a guide dog

Madison Martin maddymartin at mymts.net
Wed Aug 28 22:59:57 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I just wanted to clearify something. I'm not actually currently applying to
GDF because I have to work more on my O&M before I can apply. That's what my
O&M instructor told me. I need to work mainly on my confidence and my pace,
I'm a slow walker (except when I'm walking sighted guide). My instructor
told me that my slow pace won't work with a guide dog. However, when my
instructor tells me that I'm ready (and once I have 3 routes) then I'm
deffenetly applying to GDF. I just thought that I should clearify things, in
case anyone thought that I am actually currently going through GDFs
application process.
Madison