[NAGDU] guide dog schools

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Dec 30 16:25:01 UTC 2019

Hi Andrew.
I am getting my dogs from The Seeing Eye.  They are fairly close to where
I live, and so the training area is very similar to where I work and live.
 And, if I have a problem, someone can get out to help me fairly quickly.
Their dogs are healthy and well-trained.
I also really like that they grant ownership as soon as I graduate with
the dog.  I even like that they charge a nominal fee.
TSE makes a big deal of treating students as responsible adults, which I
really appreciate.  I am reasonably pleased with the staff.  (You can't
love everyone!)  I don't really care about being treated "like family."
What I want is friendly but professional, and that's what I get at TSE.
It was also what I got at GDB San Rafael, but that was a long time ago, so
can't say how it is now.
Tracy