[NAGDU] guide dog schools

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 19:30:39 UTC 2019

I am working my second dog from GDF. The criteria that are important to me are unconditional ownership of the dog upon graduation or something extremely close, positive reinforcement based training done correctly, and individualized customized training. I get all that with GDF along with leash guiding, quick follow up, and generally teaching more behaviors than other programs. The food on class is great and they work with dietary restrictions nicely.
That being said, no one program will work for everyone. It's important to consider what is important to you specifically. Some things to think about are ownership, length of training, use of food rewards, breed, etc. You will prkbably find that there are some things you must have, some things are nice to have but not manditory, some things you definitely don't want, and some things you really don't care about.
Danielle

Sent from my iPhone