[NAGDU] NYAGDU Conference Call to Feature GEB and Running Guides Program This Sunday

heather.l.bird at gmail.com heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 14:15:41 UTC 2019

Please join us this Sunday upcoming, February 17 at 8:00 P.M. Thee call-in
number is (605) 475-4786 and the pass code is 869480. Last month we had a
great call with a representative of the Seeing Eye, and we will be
continuing our guide dog school spotlight calls with Lisa Derleth from
Guiding Eyes for the Blind. Lisa will be highlighting some of the things
that GEB is most proud of, what makes them unique, including, but not
limited to their Running Guides Program. Knowledge is power and the aim of
these calls is to encourage all current and prospective guide dog handlers
to develop a broad picture of the wide variation among guide dog training
programs to help to ensure that applicants to training programs make the
best decision for their situation in the most informed way. We will
systematically interview any and all guide dog schools, that serve residents
of New York State, who are willing to participate in this call format.
Please share this far and wide, including individuals living outside of New
York State, and with a focus on those currently considering obtaining a
guide dog, applying to schools or considering retirement of their current
guide.

PS, these calls are being discussed in a podcast set to be recorded today
and aired on Friday February 15th. I will send a link to that podcast as
soon as I obtain it.