[NAGDU] Lyft

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Fri Feb 15 15:28:50 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I took a Lyft into work this morning. The driver was very nice and knowledgeable; he had no issues with Mambo.
However, he mentioned that there was a note in my profile that states I have a service dog. I am not very comfortable with that note in there. If a driver sees that I use a guide dog ahead of time, that will give them a reason to deny me simply because of the dog. They could tell Lyft any number of excuses for cancelling the ride, so how could I or Lyft prove that they denied me due to the presence of my guide dog? I do not typically give advanced notice, and in my opinion, that note in my profile should be removed. I think I will call Lyft today to ask that they remove the note that I use a service dog from my profile.
Has anyone else encountered this?
Thanks!
Deanna

--