[NAGDU] New dog

Jordan Gallacher jordangandoliver at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 02:31:54 UTC 2019

Say hello to Oliver.  I have been training him since May 17th, and he is
doing well.  He is a male Silber Lab, and the only thing that I have not
completed training is on street crossings.  I have introduced him to such
over the past week, and the two quiet streets that I had him do, he did a
perfect job on.  In the next few weeks I am going to be working on the
busier street crossings.  First thing I did with him was teach him leash
guiding, which that totally saved my butt one night.

I took him out to relieve before going to bed, and somehow we ended up all
the way down at the next street.  Well, how to make it home was the question
since I only had Oliver no cane no cell phone.  I looked at him, and I said,
ok buddy, let's put leash guiding to work here.  We made it home no
problems.  Leash guiding comes in handy at work when I am carrying things
and do not have a hand available for the harness handle.

Jordan