[NAGDU] Fixing pokinessre GEB/ rough wear harness was

Gary Steeves rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 8 17:35:38 UTC 2019

hi

I have the opposite problem with Gonzo. he pulls crazily, especially in New areas. I talked to my school about the GEB harness someone on the list shared. they bought one to try out. I have it for a month to give my opinions.   I've only had it since Monday but I have to say I really like it.   first the harness is so light weight and goes between the front legs so the pull is on his sternim, not his throat.  the setup seems to have slowed him down  or the way the pull is makes the pull on my arm defused.  the other concern was the cool handle that comes out of the centre of the harness I nthe dogs back. people were wondering if not having two contact points takes away from feeling what the dog is doing. so far I would have to say no. I'm following the dog nicely. also the hand grip is adjustable  so I can put it at the angle. I like for my wrist and have the part I hold onto facing the right which puts me just a bit further away from gonzo's back paw. Gonzo seems to walk with his back legs splayed a bit so this a good benefit as well. my only critique so far is the Handel is height adjustable but I have it at it's full length which, lucky for me, is the right height but I would think if you wanted to run or hike with this you'd want a bit. More handle to give you time to react to what the dog is doing.

of course, the other concern is it's price. my school will not be able to afford to purchase these. I think they come out to $400 Canadian.  I'm hoping that once they are done with the harness they'll give it back to me. has really made a difference in my dogs pulling so far.

just thought I'd share.

gary
Vancouver canada