[NAGDU] Crate training

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 21:56:09 UTC 2019

I do think it’s important to remember that dogs don’t go directly from puppy raiser to handler but spend 3-6 months in the kennel in between. A dog may come in for training with perfect behavior, but end up with some issues when first matched simply becaus they are out of practice. Dogs also might know what the puppy raiser expected but try to get away with things because they are with a new person.
I’m sure some puppy raisers are more diligent and programs provide varying levels of support. That isn’t meant as a criticism and I could say the same about handlers. I don’t think this is a crate/tie-down issue as much as a combination of how much support puppy raisers receive, how well raisers follow rules, how honest raisers are about puppy behavior, how kennel life effects the dog, and how well the handler reinforces house behaviors.
Danielle, Thai, and Jackie

Sent from my iPhone