[NAGDU] Food rewards, was questions about American Guide dog programs; is: food in training

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon May 20 15:15:49 UTC 2019

It's my understanding that GDB does not use the clicker, only treats.

Krokus would like to be a GDB dog.  He does great when he gets a treat,
and, when the treats stop, the behavior drops off.

I'm kinda bummed about GDB these days.  I had great dogs from there, but
that was before they started their new methods.  Now I don't feel I can go
back there, because I don't want to carry around pocketfulls of treats
every day, and I'm not sure it produces a thoughtful dog. But it's been a
long time since I've met a GDB dog, so I could be wrong about that.
Tracy