[NAGDU] Food rewards, was questions about American Guide dog programs; is: food in training

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon May 20 16:43:36 UTC 2019

Good morning to all,
When I had Wayne the weird, an instructor came from The Seeing Eye to work with us. He introduced me to clicker training. I didn’t like carrying around food, and I could never figure out how you would end the treats and, for that matter, the clicker. It didn’t work well for me, though I’m not sure anything would have. As for what GDB does, someone who has recently attended that school should enlighten us on what their method is in that regard. Viviana mentioned looking at their website, but it would be better to talk to a person who is the real deal. I feel it is a problem if food is used exclusively in behavioral modification and maintenance, but that will always be my opinion no matter what.
Cindy Lou Ray
Cindyray at gmail.com

Cindy Lou Ray
Sent from my iPhone