[NAGDU] King of the Creepers

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed May 22 17:07:33 UTC 2019

Danielle seemed to be wondering why I'd need to carry treats in the office
anyway, so I may as well say.  Krokus is the King of the Creepers.  He often
stops 5 or 6 feet short of where I want to go, especially in the office.  I
tried getting really happy when we arrive, and I tried correcting him, but
he still stops short and I either have to drop the harness and heel him or
get him to creep slowly up to where I want to go.  Really annoying.

I asked my school for advice, and they said click-and-treat, which I did.
But, once the king sees he's not getting a treat this time, he goes back to
creeping.  So I've been randomly treating, which somewhat fixes the problem,
though I suspect he's smart enough to know when I have treats with me and
when I don't.  Rather a pain.  I don't want to keep carrying treats, and I
don't want to stop short, either.  I'm getting some follow-up with another
issue soon, so I'll ask about this, too.  I just bet there's a note on my
file at the school that says "will put up with any amount of crap, so give
her the problem child".

Tracy