[NAGDU] [GuideDogs] applying for a guide dog

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Sep 2 12:49:12 UTC 2019

Rox makes an excellent point.  Even though my family was pretty used to
seeing me get around using my cane, I still got some "Do we have to bring
the dog along?  After all, we can guide you."  Yes, we do have to bring the
dog along, and the dog will guide me; thank you.
One of my classmates returned her dog, because she lived with her family and
the family gave her so much static about bringing the dog.  Better to get
people used to not guiding you, and you used to going on your own, before
the dog comes into the picture.
Tracy