[NAGDU] NYAGDU Monthly Conference Call to Interview GDA This Sunday

heather.l.bird at gmail.com heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 13:54:45 UTC 2019

Please join us for our monthly conference call for September, this Sunday,
9/22/2019 at 8:00 P.M. EST. The call-in number is (605) 475-4786 and the
pass code is 869480. We are continuing our series of calls interviewing
guide dog training programs in the US who are either located in or who will
serve people living in New York State. This month we will be interviewing
GDA, guide dogs of America to find out what they think sets their program
apart and what they think they do best.

Until we get our website issues sorted, I will be creating a drop box link,
with the help of my husband Jim, who is a sighted handler of a PSD, and who
truly gets the "blindness thing" and is actually a member of NYAGDU. I will
share this link in an email which I will send out to all of the list-serves
and individuals I typically send this announcement to. So, please come and
join us and make this another great training program call.

We only have 3 months left in 2019, and we have Freedom Guide Dogs, South
Eastern and Guide Dogs of the Desert Lined up. I am still working to get
speakers from Pilot, Leader and Fidelco. We have other interesting topics
lined up for after we finish interviewing all of the schools, or all of the
schools who are willing to be interviewed. As always, please do not hesitate
to contact me with any suggestions/requests for upcoming calls.