[NAGDU] Upcoming Georgia Guide Dog Users Meeting With Jenine Stanley

Marj Schneider marjschneider at bellsouth.net
Tue May 12 12:04:57 UTC 2020

Greetings GGDU Members and Friends

Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 16 from 10:00 AM until noon for
our spring meeting of Georgia Guide Dog Users, to be held by phone at
605-562-0400, access code 780-5751 pound.

Our guest speaker at 10 O'clock will be Jenine Stanley with AIRa.

Jenine Stanley, AIRA Explorer Community Manager, will Present on the
newest Features of AIRa.

Aira is a service that connects people who are blind or have low vision
to highly trained, remotely-located agents. Through an app on your smart
phone,
Aira delivers instant access to visual information at the touch of a
button, enhancing everyday efficiency, engagement, and independence.

Jenine Stanley is the Explorer Community Manager with Aira. She has had
a long career in the blindness field including guide dogs and technology
and is
proud to bring her experience to Aira. Jenine produces and hosts
Airacast, Aira’s bi-weekly podcast. She also manages the company’s email
list and Explorer
Facebook page.

  This will be your opportunity to learn more about Aira from someone
who is also a guide dog handler, and because there will be a smaller
group at our
meeting, you'll have the chance to ask questions that you might not be
able to ask at larger group presentations on the service.

Following our time with Jenine, at approximately 11:00, we will hold a
regular GGDU business meeting.

Please share news of this meeting with other guide dog handlers in
Georgia, and we welcome anyone else who would like to attend.

For questions contact GGDU president, Betsy Grenevitch, at 678-862-3876