[NAGDU] BOOK RECOMMENDATION

Susan Jones sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 9 02:04:27 UTC 2020

I found this book by accident on BARD:

Your dog:  The Owner's Manual:

Hundreds of Secrets, Surprises and Solutions for Raising a Healthy, Happy
Dog

By Marty Becker

DB88238

This book is a comprehensive guide for the dog owner, discussing everything
from how to choose a puppy to how to know when it's time to make that hard
decision to euthanise your dog.

Dr. Becker is apparently a well-known veterinarian, and also a life-long dog
owner.

There are lots of issues that would not really apply to us as guide dog
handlers, but the vast majority of the book is extremely useful and helpful.

Dr. Becker discusses training, dealing with problem behaviors, good
veterinary care, treatment of medical conditions and more.

This book was published in 2011, so some of the information and resource
references may be dated, due to changes that have happened in the last nine
years; but I found the book so readable, and the advice so down-to-earth and
approachable, I've decided to save it, knowing I'll refer to it at least
once in a while throughout my guide dog handler life.

Check it out if you're interested.

Kind regards,

Susan Jones

Sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net