[NAGDU] Reminder - ASAP Webinar Tonight

David david at bakerinet.com
Thu Apr 8 15:02:50 UTC 2021

Check out the Webinar with ASAP* tonight at 8 PM EDT

--
*David in Clearwater, FL*
*david at bakerinet.com*

Here is the official notice:

--------------------------------------

"The widespread publicity about the recent repossession of a nearly
ten-year-old guide dog by a guide dog training program has left many
wondering how they are protected from such arbitrary, unwarranted
intrusion in their lives. Most admit they have never read the contract
and wonder what they might have agreed to. Others are applying to
training programs and want to know what the contract says before
beginning training. Everyone wants to know how they can protect
themselves if this ever happens to them!"

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern (7:00 p.m. Central; 6:00
p.m. Mountain; & 5:00 p.m. Pacific), Advocates for Service Animal
Partners (ASAP) will host an informative webinar entitled, “Before You
Sign on the dotted Line: Understanding your training program contract”.
This interactive discussion will be facilitated by Marion Gwizdala,
featuring Cody Davis, a blind attorney and guide dog user. Topics will
include

*”I signed what?” – The importance of reading the contract before you
start your training

*”Does it really say that?” – Troubling clauses from real contracts

*”Possession is 9/10 of the law!” – It’s easier to keep what you have
than to get what you don’t

*””Is it really mine?” – An overview of property rights

*”What can the cops do?” – Contract enforcement or criminal trespassing

During the webinar we will offer opportunities to ask questions. You can
submit your questions in advance by sending your question to

Blind411 at verizon.net <mailto:Blind411 at verizon.net>

  With “Webinar Question” in the subject line. We will also offer
opportunities to ask spontaneous questions by text or email during the
webinar. Space is limited on a first come/first in basis. The
information provided during this seminar is intended as informal
guidance only and should not be construed as legal advice. To join the
webinar, please select one of the following:

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85150236813?pwd=MUJBUldWbmNpL3dkb05wckhrQVJlQT09<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85150236813?pwd=MUJBUldWbmNpL3dkb05wckhrQVJlQT09>

  Meeting ID: 851 5023 6813

Passcode: 646360

  One tap mobile

+13017158592,,85150236813#,,,,*646360# US (Washington DC)

+13126266799,,85150236813#,,,,*646360# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location

         +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

         +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

         +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

         +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

         +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

         +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 851 5023 6813

Passcode: 646360

                * Advocates for Service Animal Partners (ASAP) is an
expanding nationwide network of service animal advocates. Our goal is to
encourage, educate, and support service animal handlers through printed
and electronic publications, Informational webinars, recorded
educational materials, and direct advocacy support, intervention, and
mediation. In support of this mission, we also seek to educate
employers, governmental entities, private companies, housing
accommodations, and the airline industry about the rights,
responsibilities, and limitations of Service animal access under state
and federal law. In addition, Advocates for Service Animal Partners
intends to influence public policy and laws affecting disabled
individuals who use service animals through the strengthening of state
laws concerning access and removing barriers to that access.  If you
would like to join our advocacy network and stay informed on the issues
affecting service animal partners and the effort of ASAP, please send an
email message to

blind411 at verizon.net <mailto:blind411 at verizon.net>

Watch for our social media launch in early April and the ASAP Hotline in
June!

Advocates for Service animal Partners (ASAP)

(813) 626-2789

Blind411 at verizon.net <mailto:Blind411 at verizon.net>

Marion Gwizdala

(813) 626-2789