[NAGDU] Diversity

David david at bakerinet.com
Thu Apr 8 23:45:09 UTC 2021

These discussions are certainly not off-topic, Raul. It is wrong to
suggest so.

David in Clearwater, Florida

> On Apr 8, 2021, at 6:06 PM, David <david at bakerinet.com> wrote:

Well Cindy, I certainly disagree with you. I don't have any questions.

1. I did not post this on Marion's behalf. I posted it under my own
volition on behalf of fellow members of our group who may be interested
in ownership issues in light of the myriad stories we have heard about
inappropriate actions by some guide dog schools and how we can protect
ourselves from these problems. These stories have come from many members
over the years. It is my belief that fear of losing their dogs is the
number one reason that guide dog handlers do not bring serious problems
back to their schools.

If members start worrying about whether someone else could have posted
something they want to say to other members, such as a reminder about an
important webinar, then we would be a sorry group of folks. Trust me,
Cindy, Marion did not ask me to post the reminder about tonight's ASAP
webinar.

2. I have no evidence of Marion flaming the board. I do know that he and
other members have opinions that differ from some who are on the board.
It would be a sad day if we couldn't talk about our different opinions.
There is nothing in the notice that I sent out that is disrespectful of
anyone, or anything. Just because Marion said something and is also the
contact person for ASAP does not make the ideas presented and the topics
toxic, confrontational, or evil.

You would do great harm to NAGDU by stifling educational information
that you don't agree with, or blocking information because it could have
been posted by someone with whom you don't agree.

I have been, and will continue to be, an active and supportive member of
our organization. No, I will not cooperate with you in this matter by
agreeing to run a private dialogue on what is a completely respectful
and normal communication.

Frankly, I find your note inappropriate and disrespectful. I certainly
could have let you know that Marion had no involvement in my reminder
about the meeting tonight had you asked.

*David in Clearwater, FL*
*david at bakerinet.com*
*
*
On 4/8/2021 2:12 PM, Cindy Ray via NAGDU wrote:

Good afternoon to all,
David and all, this message is not appropriate for this list. Here are two reasons why:
1) Marion is still on this list; therefore, he could have posted it himself. He did not choose to do so. You should not be posting it on his behalf. If someone wants a message posted on their behalf and feels they can’t post it, they need to contact me and ask me to send it for them, or they need to go ahead and post it if they are on this list.
Second, Marion has been flaming the board, criticizing what we are doing. Marion has resigned from the National Federation of the Blind. Had he not done so, it is possible we could have worked out all of the issues that have been created. Therefore, I would ask that you post no further messages on his behalf.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have questions, please contact me privately.
Cindy Lou Ray, Moderator
Cindyray at gmail.com

Cindy Lou
Sent from my iPad