[NAGDU] Postponed

rdgraves2007 at gmail.com rdgraves2007 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 14:44:53 UTC 2021

Tracy,

I understand completely. I remember how hard it was for me as I waited to be
placed with my Izzo. I was first refused by Guiding Eyes. They wouldn't
serve me at all. Don't exactly recall what their reasoning was at the time.
Then I got accepted at the Guidedog foundation, and I waited and waited and
waited... for over a year. I was so frustrated. This was prepandemic, of
course. I know it has to be a constant roller coaster  for those waiting
now.

This past--almost two years now--has really taken a toll in so many ways. I
am fully vaccinated, and was diagnosed last week with Covid. I am ashamed to
admit that I've been feeling really angry over the past few days, because I
took two weeks vacation from work, and I did not plan to spend half of it
quaranteened in my bedroom. I know I should feel grateful, and I am,
because my symptoms were extremely mild in comparison to those who were
hospitalized and lost their lives. But it is still extremely frustrating
when life is upended like this.

My Izzo has been such a good girl, but I know she is extremely bored, and I
feel so bad for her.

All that to say I understand your frustration completely. Here is a virtual
hug for you. I am going to pray that you get in to a class very soon. If
they have a dog ready for you, has their been any discussion of whether they
would come to do a home training?

Blessings,
Diane Graves