[NAGDU] Time-Sensitive: Seeking feedback on the Accessibility of the ACAA Forms

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Mon Jan 11 15:26:17 UTC 2021

Please share this wherever appropriate.

This email contains a lot of information, so please read it through in
its entirety.

The National Federation of the Blind and the Association of Guide Dog
Users is seeking feedback on the accessibility of the updated forms that
the Department of Transportation has created for people to fill out when
flying with service dogs. Please note that the airlines may or may not
require these forms to be filled out.

If you would like to know more about the new ruling of the Department of
Transportation and the Air Carrier Access Act which goes into effect on
January 11, 2021, please visit this link for more information.
https://www.transportation.gov/briefing-room/us-department-transportation-announces-final-rule-traveling-air-service-animals

I have attached copies of the forms to this email, but in case they
don't come through, they may be downloaded from the following links.
1. The training, behavior, and health form:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjBY6kPd-wTf3gMAtIs5H6IoJJJz?e=cMVsHW
2. The relief form:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjBY6kPd-wTf3gQbuuUsOJfJwJqe?e=on1a3Y

Please note that this is time-sensitive and we will need your feedback
currently only seeking feedback on the accessibility of the forms
themselves. We are not seeking feedback on the wording of the forms and
we are not seeking feedback on whether the forms should or should not be
required by the airlines.

The feedback form to fill out today is located from this link.
https://forms.gle/FDeHcVj8N79ptaRw7

If you have any questions or if you need assistance filling out this
feedback form, please write the NAGDU board of directors at
board at nagdu.org. You can also contact the NAGDU President, Raul
Gallegos, at 832.554.7285 or president at nagdu.org.

If you would like to simply email your responses instead of filling out
this feedback form, please include the information that is asked in this
form and email it to president at nagdu.org.

The information requested in the feedback form is:
* The name of the ACAA travel form you are giving feedback on
* Which operating systems did you use when filling out the form
* Which devices did you use when filling out the form
* Any comments about the forms, including steps you took, ETC.
* Your contact information will be appreciated but is not required

Thank you.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
832.554.7285  |  RGallegos at nagdu.org
Schedule a meeting with me here:
https://app.greminders.com/c/rgatechsolutions/r30/

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan