[NAGDU] harness lights again

Brent Franklin bfranklin at woolworths.com.au
Fri Jul 2 04:44:14 UTC 2021

Hello Teri,

Thanks for offering your thoughts, it really does help me because I’ve not
ventured down this path before. A harness light really is such a good idea,
but being totally blind with no light perception it isn’t something I’d
ever stopped to consider.

It was an instructor who first got me thinking about this, and she showed
me several cheap lights, but they were all very hard to use.

I have spoken to a shop here who stocks Roughwear products and while they
don’t have this light they are going to get one in for me to look at. The
good thing is I don’t have to purchase it from the shop if I’m not happy
with it. This will take a couple of weeks because the shop needs to speak
to the Roughwear rep first.

A couple of questions, the Roughwear light you have is it a light that you
charge up?. How have you found the noise it makes?. Finally what do you
like about the flashing mode?. I ask this question re the flashing mode
because sighted people have told me the constant light should be easier to
see. Not being able to see any light I’m really interested in people’s
thoughts on this.

I’m also thinking of ordering a light from Julie as well, thinking I could
do with more than one considering the way we get around one might end up
smashed, so Julie I will write soon to work out how to order.

Cheers.

Brent.