[NAGDU] Guide Dogs and Babies

nellie at culodge.com nellie at culodge.com
Tue Jul 13 23:30:18 UTC 2021

Hello Julie,

I can't speak about having a guide dog when pregnant.  I do know when I was
pregnant my doctor and many guide owners that I knew said:
Before baby gets there, take the dog into the nursery and play with him.
Let him smell the crib/bassinette and give tons of praises
Let him smell blankets and give lots of positive vibes.  Do that several
times a day.

Be sure when you get home with baby, you give puppy lots of your undivided
attention, which I know is hard with a new precious one.  Maybe give your
dog lots of new toys so he doesn't feel left out.

HTH, Janell