[NAGDU] {Spam?} Re: {Spam?} NAGDU and guide dog problems

David david at bakerinet.com
Sat Mar 13 16:31:44 UTC 2021

Raul, I posted something similar in response to one of your Facebook
posts. I am not casting stones at, or on behalf of, anyone. Perhaps
NAGDU and NFB need to decide whether they are advocacy groups, or
resource groups. There is quite a difference.

If advocacy is chosen, then please note that advocacy on behalf of
members requires that the organization proceed aggressively to protect
its members' rights. If different facts develop at a later stage, then
the approach can change.

What SEGDI has done repeatedly is disgusting, egregious, and totally
unacceptable. Taking a person's guide dog without notice, without the
opportunity to contest accusations, without any sense of due process, is
wrong regardless of the accusations, whether substantiated or not, and
no amount of bureaucratic 'investigation' is acceptable. SEGDI's actions
are the definition of adversarial and only immediate, strong responses
from NAGDU and the NFB as advocacy groups are acceptable. Publicity
aimed at donors, legal action, public shaming, and organized boycotts
are all appropriate tools in a situation like this. As Mike Hingson
noted, "Either we fight for the rights of blind people or we stop
complaining. It really is that simple."

*David in Clearwater, FL*
*david at bakerinet.com*
*
*
*BTW, I had some formatting issues with this post. Please let me know if
the text is not readable on your program. Thanks.
*