[NAGDU] Guide dog schools and puppy raisers

Jenine Stanley jeninems at icloud.com
Mon Nov 8 17:02:01 UTC 2021

I do know that GDF has had totally blind raisers but as others have said, no one raises a puppy totally alone. There is a great deal of support.

GDF’s sister organization, America’s VetDogs, has a weekend raiser program for its puppies being raised in a number of prison systems. My nephew was a weekend raiser for them as his National Honor society project. He’s low vision and had no problems being accepted.

I do think it’s a school by school effort though to educate.