[NAGDU] Ui is obesity!

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Mon Sep 20 21:32:36 UTC 2021

There could be many reason for obesity in humans and dogs. Feeding way to
much. My Jake was eating three cups when I got him home from school. He
though maintained his handsome figure on two cups in the winter, as I really
don't go anywhere. Two and a half cups when we are out and busy in the
spring summer and fall. The thyroid might be out of balance. I found several
blood tests were needed as the dog was symptomatic, but the test came out
fine the first time. The second blood test the symptoms escalated and the
blood test showed he had a problem with his bald patch on his side and
thinning fur all over.  He also had seizures. . But really it is usually the
handler who is not treating the dog and making him unhealthy. Stop with the
extra food. Give only ice cubes or any very low salary treats. You could as
Sherry said take the food from the dog's normal cup and use those as treats.
Do not let the dog eat off the floor. Make your dog lay so his head lays on
your foot. Then you know for a fact he is not eating stuff thrown to him or
food off the floor. My Jake was laying in French fries and my grandson was
throwing crackers his way and he lay still. When he came out from under the
table he looked like it had been snowing. His golden fur had crackers
sprinkled all over him. I didn't know about the French-fry's by the way on
the floor. But I knew where my dog's head was, on my foot, smile.

67 pounds when you got him and now he is 75 pounds. Trust Me I have seen
worse weight gain. There was a gal or two come to think of it whose dogs
gained 47 Kilograms. The school and us handlers had a fit. Shame on anyone
who can place a dinner plate on the dog's back like I have seen at
conventions, shiver.

I have known people to slim down their dogs for conventions, as well. The
schools do teach us how to gage the dog's weight. If your school did not
teach you, ask another handler. Humble yourself and ask. We are so close to
the situation we miss things.

My last dog had a big coat. A Police Officer visiting us for a picnic swam
his dog and my Jake. He said, your dog looks about eighty pounds, but wet he
looks like sixty with a punk hair doo. Jake was sixty-four pounds. He was my
skinny but dog, smile.

Becky in her Joy Wheels