[NAGDU] Ui is obesity!

Sharon S koala at areujoking.com
Wed Sep 22 17:15:54 UTC 2021

Hi, my boy is currently about 4kgs over weight. I had him at the vets this
week and the vet suggested I drop his amount of food down. However at the
moment he only gets a cup of food twice a day, down from what he was having
when I got him in February. At the moment because we are in lockdown we
aren't going anywhere so this might have something to do with it as well. He
was down on the weight we got last time we visited the vet but because we
were there for my other dog Rolo, Sherlock's weight wasn't recorded on the
vets records. In the last few weeks my dad has started taking Sherlock out
with him on one of the two walks he does each day. We have now decided he
will take him every second day so he doesn't start expecting it every day.
However, this has upset Rolo because he normally goes out on every walk dad
does but he isn't taking Rolo when he takes Sherlock because one dog on lead
is all he can handle. He takes the family dog off lead but she isn't a
runner like my boys are. I have been told it is a thing with golden
retrievers that once they get away they don't listen and won't come back. I
haven't really had this tested with Sherlock but Rolo has gotten out twice
and both times people were chasing him around the place. The good thing
about Rolo is he likes talking to people so when he ended up stopping to
talk to some kids we were able to get them to grab hold of him until we
could get there.

Sorry gone on a bit more then I meant to, I'm off to bed for good this time.
Rolo just came back inside so I don't need to worry anymore about what he
might be up to.

Bye for now.
>From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.