[NAGDU] Dogs and Canes in Tandem?

richardfiorello716 at gmail.com richardfiorello716 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:56:21 UTC 2022

	Hi Diane;
I did have a guide dog instructor who suggested an "identity cane" which is
good for finding things etc.  They are only about 36 inches long and you
wouldn't use it for your entire trip just when you wanted to investigate or
look for a particular landmark.  I was looking for a bus stop sign that my
dog happily avoided and the id cane was suggested as a good way to find the
silly thing and then one could try teaching your puppy that this was
something you wanted him to find rather than an obstacle to be avoided.
Richard