[NAGDU] Dogs and Canes in Tandem?

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:24:15 UTC 2022

When I first got a dog, having a cane with you was quite discouraged. Overtime it was not discouraged anymore. I found it was an neat way to program a dog to go to a specific place like the button of a light. Also it is true that it’s easier to find some things. I think at the beginning though I probably would’ve relied on a cane too much. I didn’t get my first dog till I was about 43, and it was really hard for me to develop trust in a dog. Still, I think there are times when it is really handy to have a cane with you, and a Stacy said, it’s a good insurance if something happens and say the dog gets sick. As for Convention, that’s definitely up to you. Are used to always take my dogs, but my last one got to be so involved with other dogs that I couldn’t do it anymore.  I hated it because I hated to stop taking him. There are times though when it feels inconvenient. For instance, when I would go to lunch, or at the end of the session when all of us were going to go, I would find myself doing things alone a lot of times because I had to relieve the dog first.  The other possibility was to leave the meetings early, and I did that some. For some that isn’t an issue, for me it was. It wasn’t a dealbreaker though. T

Cindy Lou Ray
Sent from my iPhone